MaxIm DL : Imaging - Take Control
Only MaxIm DL provides complete integration of all observatory functions in
a single package. Directly control your CCD camera, filter wheels, autoguider,
telescope, rotator, focusers, and Dome.
- Complete integration of all your observatory hardware in a single package.
- Supports your equipment - compatible with more equipment than any competing package. Supports ASCOM
equipment plus a huge variety of cameras and filter wheels.
- Improved camera controls for faster and smoother operation.
- Instant presets for quicking changing between find, focus, LRGB sequence, etc.
- Save and load all program settings - instantly reconfigure for different hardware setups.
- Built-in mini-planetarium provides full "situational awareness" with advanced features such as instant image overlays, FOV indicator with rotator control, extensive catalog search capabilities, and much more.
- Advanced imaging techniques such as dither, automatic per-filter
focus offsets, AO control, graphical track logs, audible alarms.
- Highly flexible sequence capability, auto-LRGB, auto-mosaic, auto-dither.
- Autoguider support operates built-in and separate autoguiders. Mix and
match hardware from different vendors.
- AO support.
- TDI (drift scanning) support.
- Full ASCOM compatibility.
- Compatible with ACP http://acp.dc3.com browser-based automation tool.
Complete List of New Features
MaxIm DL Version 5 Manual
Typical Imaging Scenario
This screenshot shows a typical arrangement of windows during an imaging session. Upper right are the observatory controls, including the mini-planetarium. Lower right are the CCD camera controls and center left is the current CCD image that has just been acquired. Click on the screenshot for a more detailed view.